Re: Internet Bank Vulnerable!

From: Kelvin (kelvinat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 06:30:11 PDT

    I have been working with this information for sometime now, it looks like
    they notified several hundred FI's and thousands of consumers were affected
    by the security incident.

    It turns out that the hack with this vendor (Q UP) might have been related
    to a BigBrother installation on a linux/unix platform. Besides, it was for
    this reason I chose not to publish anything confidential nor any information
    that could lead you to which vendor had security issues.

    I was working with Kevin Poulsen (Securityfocus.com) a little on this story
    while he was investigating it. I think the story was very well written.

    Thanks.

    ./Kelvin