Re: win2k pentest - what can i do?

From: Paul Rathborn (adminat_private)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 13:25:12 PDT

    At Gridlocked we represent whitehat security professionals, our audits
    basically involve either (or both) of the following:

    * Network Security Assessment
    * Penetration Testing

    We explain the methods behind our Network Security Assesments - network
    mapping, host identification, information gathering, service inspection,
    network scanning,
    protocol probing, host fingerprinting, vulnerability assessment,  use of
    top commercial security tools  combined with various opensource and
    private utilities.

    Penetration Testing - We hand over our policy and then explain we take on
    the attackers perspective at actively aiming to exploit and compromise the
    security of the servers. Using known and unknown (un-disclosed ) bugs.

    bugs and detail them with a full technical report listing:

      .Vulnerability Name
      .Problem Description
      .Severity Rating
      .Impact
      .Patch/fix methodologies
      .Suggestions/workarounds

    Alot of people still don't understand the terms that well, even though we
    usually explain to them the different terminology in the scene. In the end
    it doesn't really matter to much for them,  we are there to secure there
    systems, secure there data and help secure the internet.

    Paul Rathborn
    IT Security Engineer/System Admin                      Gridlocked Networks
    E-Mail: adminat_private                         "Lock onto
    Gridlocked.net"

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
    For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
    the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/