RE: SQL Server 7 question

From: Aaron C. Newman (aaron@newman-family.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 14:51:39 PDT

    There's really no way to decrypt it - it's a one way hash.

    However you can brute force it. There are two functions you can use,
    pwdencrypt and pwdcompare, to help you brute force the passwords. Read about
    them on the below link.
    http://www.sqlmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=9809

    Also there is a tool you can download to help you out:
    http://www.ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/sqldict/

    If you have database security questions, we have a board specifically for
    database security @  http://www.appsecinc.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

    Hope that helps and I'll see you all at BlackHat!

    Aaron C. Newman
    CTO/Founder
    Application Security, Inc.
    212-490-6022