Authenticity test using Flash

From: doron klotz (kahlootsat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 02:44:10 PDT

    Does anybody have any knowledge regarding authentication using flash plugins ?

    Some background:

    The file { checkauthenticity.swf } can be run from
    anywhere (even from the internet). However, it requires the tailor
    made {authenticity.swf } file to be located in your root directory of
    C: before it will work for you.

    The file authenticity.swf can easily be made for
    anyone - simply rename them (in C:) to use them. The pin number
    on all of the authenticity.swf files is 1156 (although one can actually
    make it anything).

    My question :

    is it possible to trick the checkauthenticity.swf file into authenticating you without the correct reciprocal  { authenticity.swf }.
    Also I would like to know if one can tamper/hack with the details or the pin number found inside the {authenticity.swf } file and still get it to work.

    I have attached the files mentioned above
    Much Thanks
    Kahloots

    Brought to you by Ananzi Mail
    http://mail.ananzi.co.za