RE: RVP (RezendeVous Protocol)

From: BUGTRAQ (ivan.buetlerat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 22:34:06 PDT

    Hi there,
     We were involved into a Tibco installation. Tibco delivers it server farm
    with multihome networked systems. The application services are only needed
    from the first interface, where synchronisation and data transfer between
    tibco nodes are transfered by the broadcast protocol RendeVous on the second
    interface (something like Tibco backbone).

     We recommended to install something like "Solaris IPFILTER" on the Tibco
    systems in order to prevent hackers from the Intra_NET accessing Tibco's
    backbone network.

    In other words, Tibco presents a lot of services, visible on both network
    interfaces. If you spoof a Tibco node, you will be able to
    insert/fake/delete datas to the message queue and therefore compromised data
    integrity. Especially, because RendeVous uses UDP as well.

    Regards

    Ivan