Re: snmp vulnerablities

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 13:56:18 PDT

    Ron,

    Very interesting input regarding SNMP, though I'm not
    really too clear on what it has to do with the
    original author's use of 'echo' statements in an SNMP
    utility.

    One question though...when you downloaded the router
    config, could this activity have been prevented by
    proper configuration of the router itself?  Since you
    didn't specify the method used (SNMP?), I thought I'd
    ask for clarification.

    Thanks,

    Carv