Re: snmp vulnerablities

From: Peter Van Epp (vaneppat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 11:06:17 PDT

    	My guess would be that the original poster is trying to exploit the
    Solaris SNMP hole (where an echo might make some sense since its a Unix box)
    but didn't know it (or at least didn't articulate it). It came across bugtraq
    some time ago so a search in the bugtraq archives may be productive. I didn't
    look closer than to make sure we had already disabled the program involved
    (probably by removing the SUID bit from the program) so I didn't check the
    details.