Re: Pwdump2 with UNICODE?

From: Tony Lambiris (methodicat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 10:35:27 PDT

    Ahh.. so you can basically echo a bunch of ftp commands to a file, run
    the ftp client -s:filename.txt to have the box download cmdasp.asp, and
    then you can just have that page execute commands?

    Nice.

    On 08.09.01, "Sapiro, Benjamin R" <bsapiroat_private> wrote:
    > Tony
    >
    > Under IIS4, CMDASP.asp executes in system level context so you are able to
    > do that (CMDASP.asp has nothing to do with the unicode vuln. itself, we just
    > use unicode attacks to get script up onto the box). You are right though, a
    > unicode executed command by itself runs under IUSR context
    >
    > Ben Sapiro
    > Information Risk Management
    > (416) 777-8025
    > www.kpmg.ca/irm

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/