Re: sniffing X traffic.

From: Don Bailey (baileydlat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 07:11:36 PDT

    Another thing for a poor man to do is run tcpdump filtering on the X
    port range (6000-6010), then take the capture file and use Ethereal to
    look at the ascii in the particular tcp streams.  This is quick and
    dirty but reveals plenty of info in the case of a remote xterm being the
    sniffed X app.

    Sincerely,

    Don

    --