RE: Emulating a wireless access point

From: Meredith S (meredithsat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 15:46:38 PDT

    	Actually, it probably has to do w/ the frequency / harmonic resonance of
    the phone interfearing w/the AP ... not the proximity. Even if the phone
    operates on a different frequency, it can interfere w/ the AP via harmonic
    resonance.
    	Harmonic Resonance occurs when one of the frequencies is a multiple of the
    other. Say your AP operates at 2 hz ( for simplicity sake) and your phone
    operates at 4 hz, then every other cycle of the phones frequency will be in
    phase w/ the access points.

    ASCII Diagra:
    |                  x -- sine peak                 As you can see, the sine
    waves are prefectly
    |      |   |   |   |                Phone         in-phase at 2 and 4 w/
    respect to the phone.
    |     | | | | | | | |

    |    	  	       x -- sine peak
    |     ....| |.....| |.               Access Point

    	Are there any Ham operators out there that can confirm or deny this?

     -- Meredith Shaebanyan