WebSphere and open ports...

From: shoelzner (stefanat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 00:06:49 PDT

    I know there are a lot of you out there with a lot more
    knowledge about CORBA, ORB, IIOB, RMI and stuff
    than me...
    We are currently pen-testing a network and found an
    IBM WebSphere-Server (with Apache as Webserver)
    with open ports 8004, 8042 and 8045. How can I
    determine if there is a CORBA application running on
    these ports? I would like to send something
    like "HELO" to receive something like "CORBA
    application listening", just to determine what kind of
    application is being served there. How can I archieve
    this?

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/