Norton Your Eyes Only

From: Johann van Duyn (Johann_van_Duynat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 00:50:49 PDT

    Hi there...

    I am having to audit the security of a number of laptops with Norton's Your
    Eyes Only (YEO) installed. I have never worked with this product before,
    and would appreciate any advice or references to tools or techniques that
    can break the security of YEO.

    Some of the machines have the bootlock option installed, while some do not;
    in fact, I think it might be possible to get to the private keys of certain
    users, but I am a bit out of my depth when it comes to crypto.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Johann

    Confidentiality Notice: The information in this document and
    attachments is confidential and may also be legally privileged.
    It is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Internet
    communications are not   secure and therefore British American
    Tobacco does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
    this message. If you are not the intended recipient,please notify us
    immediately and then delete this document. Do not disclose the
    contents of this document to any other person, nor take any copies.
    Violation of this notice may be unlawful.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/