White Hat Hacking / Security Training in the UK

From: fuzion . (fuzioneerat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 02:44:19 PDT

    I have recently moved into the security field and my employer has asked me
    to draw up a couple of training courses to educate me in to the job.
    I have been dabbling shall I say for a couple of years and helping out etc
    but I really want some good training courses to assist me firstly to be able
    to pen test our own network and maybe even offer it as an additional service
    and also to be able to defend our servers from nefarious internal/external
    users.
    Could anyone recommend any good training courses within the UK only please
    as training budget wont stretch to overseas visits.