Re: webstar servers and macintosh

From: Tom Vandepoel (tom.vandepoelat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 00:52:46 PDT

    "Shea, Tim" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    >  We are doing a pen-test for a small firm running WebSTAR 3.0.1 and Eudora
    > Internet Mail Server 3.0 ... Does anyone have any suggestions for these
    > services or general tips for pen-testing macintosh networks?

    I had some success with the suburl /pi_admin.admin on a Webstar 4.2
    once. That's an in-band administration inteface for webstar.

    If it's not the same, skim through the docs for your webstar version and
    you'll probably find something equivalent. Leaving in-band web admin
    interfaces on is a common mistake.

    Tom.

    --
    Tom Vandepoel                 Ubizen
    Sr. Security Engineer         We Secure e-Business

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/