SQL Injection

From: Kevin Spett (kspettat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 17:14:32 PDT

    I am working on a script where I am able to inject arbitrary SQL code into
    the request, but am unable to get the records I want.

    A request in this format:

    http://www.site.com/script.asp?param1=value1¶m2=' UNION SELECT field
    FROM table WHERE '1'='

    Generates the following error:
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The number of columns in the two
    selected tables or queries of a union query do not match.
    /script.asp, line 47
        I have been told that this is because the number of columns in the
    result table the first query is not equal to the number of columns in the
    result table of the second query, and all I need to do is pad the request
    with extra columns like the following until the number of columns is
    correct.
    http://www.site.com/script.asp?param1=value1¶m2=' UNION SELECT field,
    field1, field2, field3 FROM table WHERE '1'='
        I have done this with up to around thirty extra fieldnames, and with no
    luck.  I would like to know if there are other ways of doing this.  I've
    tried using a semicolon to stack requests, but I get an error message
    stating that there is data after end of query (which means it's probably an
    Access server).  Are there other ways of doing this besides UNION?  I know
    the names of other tables and fields in the same db as well as their types.
    Also, good sites or papers that discuss SQL code injection would be
    appreciated.

    Kevin.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/