Re: commandline port-scanner for NT ?

From: Fyodor (fyodorat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 01:19:07 PDT

    On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 02:18:37PM +0000, Rainer Duffner wrote:

    > is there - apart from nmapNT - any other command-line
    > port-scanner for NT ?

    For the record, the Nmap project does not recommend NmapNT anymore.
    This is not because we don't like it -- quite the contrary!  I have
    merged Ryan Permeh's (of eEye) excellent work and that of another
    Win32 Guru (Andy Lutomirski) into the main Nmap tree.  Although we
    don't advertise this fact much, recent Nmap releases compile fine on
    Windows.  These have several advantages over vanilla NmapNT:

    * You get the latest OS fingerpritns and service file definitions
    * Includes new features and bugfixes from the last year or so since
      NmapNT was released.
    * Far more portable -- runs on Win95/98/ME/NT/2K and takes advantage
      of various native platform features (such as raw sockets on Win2K).

    You can give this a try at http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ and grab
    version 2.54BETA29 .  It inclues a file called README-WIN32 with
    compilation instructions.

    We don't normally distribute binaries for support reasons (and because
    it is still beta), but if you have a strong preference for binaries, I
    have stashed some at
    http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-2.54BETA27-win32.zip .  Please
    do not publicly redistribute or link to these BETA binaries.

    > Or is nmap + libnet installable without reboot ?
    > (can't test right now)

    You may be able to do a connect() scan w/o a reboot since that uses
    the native sockets API.  If you find yourself in such a situation, try
    nmap -sT -P0 <targets>.

    Cheers,
    Fyodor
    http://www.insecure.org/

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/