Re: L0phtcrack

From: Fred Mobach (fredat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 05:50:15 PDT

    Gurney Halleck wrote:

    > I would seriously investigate John the Ripper as an
    > alternate/replacement to LC.
    >
    > http://www.openwall.com/john/
    >
    > It is free/open source and is extremely powerful. It can be built on
    > Win32 and Unix platforms and can crack both Windows and Unix passwords.
    > Although the learning curve is slightly higher, it is well worth that
    > investment.

    And to add upon that, it runs perfectly on a Beowulf cluster.

    Regards,

    Fred
    --
    Fred Mobach - fredat_private - postmasterat_private
    Systemhouse Mobach bv - The Netherlands - since 1976

    Fight terrorism, be it killers or software patents.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/