802.11/monitor mode (Was: Re: 802.11B and libpcap)

From: Robert van der Meulen (rvdmat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 15:37:14 PDT

    Hi,

    Quoting Leif Sawyer (lsawyerat_private):
    > ( Currently i've got a Raylink WLAN card, which is only 802.11, and I'd
    > like to get a new card which supports promisc and monitor mode (which
    > i'm sure this does, but how?, because you can use it as an AP) and
    > has capable drivers under linux.
    This is probably just a matter of time; orinoco cards (and i suspect
    practically any other 802.11 card) support monitor mode.
    Currently, the PrismII is popular, because it seems to be the only card
    having an implementation of the monitor mode command stuff in the standard
    linux kernel ;)

    Greets,
    	Robert
    --
    			      Linux Generation
       encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdmat_private for my GnuPG/PGP key.

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/