RE: 802.11B and libpcap

From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyerat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 09:38:57 PDT

    Yes, and with features as well, such as 802.11 and/or 802.11b
    capabilities.

    ( Currently i've got a Raylink WLAN card, which is only 802.11, and I'd
    like to get a new card which supports promisc and monitor mode (which
    i'm sure this does, but how?, because you can use it as an AP) and
    has capable drivers under linux.

    I'd be happy to start a page, if people want to email me with the
    card they're using, what network (.11 or .11b), what drivers (urls would
    be great too!), what OS, and what modes it supports with the drivers
    (data/promisc/rf monitor)

    Leif

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/