Re: Remote shell on Win9X - Summary

From: Vincent R. Sola (sola-vat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 18:09:41 PDT

    This is all true. However we're forgetting iCmd.exe by Maceo
    http://www.dogmile.com

    It will run on NT, 2K, and 9x (haven't tested on XP or Me).

    Why's this important? Well ackcmd and tini are both classified
    as "trojans" by Mcafee (Not sure about Norton or others). So if
    you attempted to load on a machine running a Virus Scanner you're
    in trouble if you use Tini or Ackcmd, same goes for ncx.exe and
    ncx99.exe

    Just thought I'd throw that out there.

    Vince

    And yes nc does work on 9x, make sure you throw command.com and
    not cmd.exe at it.

    > About remote shells:
    > - netcat - NT, 2K, I could not make it work on 9X !?
    > - ackcmd - 2K
    > - tini   - Windows all - indeed very tiny but worked
    > just fine
    >
    > netcat really run on 9X?
    >
    > Have a nice weekend
    > Ilici R

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/