Re: Hacking demo - most spectacular techniques

From: Bill Pennington (billpat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 07:54:32 PDT

    I try to keep it simple. I setup an IIS 5 box and a firewall. configure
    the firewall to allow only port 80 in but everything out. Then just use
    the null.printer overflow. Simple effective and short. No need to drive
    the GUI or anything most people just get it. If you want to get more
    elaborate setup a second box running for fav DBMS then "find" the
    username and password in some ASP code on the newly hacked IIS box and
    use the tools installed on the www server (or upload them to attach to
    the DB and make quires. I have run the exact demo numerous times for
    both semi-technical and non-technical groups and it seems to work well.

    --

    Bill Pennington - CISSP