Re: Hacking demo - most spectacular techniques

From: Kingbiscuit (kingbiscuitat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 12:40:04 PDT

       Establishing a null session and pulling info from there is one of win2k
    notorious flaw.Cracking $hare password using automated tool such as
    NAT and others should be impressive enough as they see all the attemps
    going on the screen...any IIS exploit (unicode,cgi,isapi and others) in order
    to upload some basic tool.i would also read some of their personal mail
    and grab grab a copy of Outlook .WAB file and prove how you could mail any
    of their buisness relation  with the comtent and file of your choice...
    ,you might want to consider throwing in the demonstration a few
    DOS attack just to prove how vulnerable they are...maybe kill their FTPD
    or install any denial of services program in order to show how easy it would
    be to attack their partners/customers...

    I would set up a server and a few workstation for the demo.Compromising
    the workstation first and going for the server from there should give them
    a good understanding of the interdependance of their network,once again
    proving that your security is as good as the weakest link....