Re: Nmap issues...? or router?

From: Ilici Ramirez (ilici_ramirezat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 00:55:36 PDT

    Most likely is a router problem.

    The 2500 series routers support 1000 pps in process
    switching and 6000 pps in fast switching. This is what
    cisco says.

    Using fscan with one PC at 250 pps in process
    switching I put a 2500 router in 99% CPU. For a 3640 I
    need two PC to scan and obtain a 99% CPU. A 3660 is
    more robust and all I could obtain was a 20%.

    It seems that the short SYN packets make cisco go
    high.

    Ilici R