Re: Accessing registry through command line

From: steven.m.gillat_private
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 14:54:25 PDT

    You can use this syntax (I've done it several times on a pen-test)

    regedit -e <filename> <hive\key>

    So, say I want to pull the VNC keys so I can see the encrypted password, I
    can use this command:

    regedit -e vnckeys.reg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORL

    (this will work provided your user has read privies over the key)

    You can then move the test.reg into to webroot so that you can download it.

    Regards,

    Steve

                        Esmerelda
                        Fruitenschlein             To:     pen-testat_private
                        <efruitenschlein@ho        cc:
                        tmail.com>                 Subject:     Accessing registry through command line

                        10/04/2001 05:05 PM

    I have remote execution of code through a unicode vulnerability on an IIS
    box.  I need to know if there is a way to get registry keys using only
    command line tools that are on a default NT install.  (No file upload, not
    even using echo >, etc.)  Perhaps something using rundll or somesuch thing?

    Thanks.

    Esmerelda Fruitenschlein, hacker extraordinaire

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert
    (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

    computer.