Firewalls & SSL

From: niumal weerasena (niumalat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 10:57:15 PDT

    Hi there,

    I am currently performing a blind pen-test for a
    client who uses more than 2 types of firewalls and has
    a secured web server. I have done nmap FIN scans
    (other scans failed) on the secured web server and the
    rest of the class C address range and found several
    ip’s responding. It shows many open ports such as FTP,
    SMTP, Telnet,BO2K etc.

    However I cannot exploit/connect to these ports using
    “telnet”, “ftp” & “hping” because of the firewalls (I
    suspect!!). I also know that the web server is using
    Windows 2000 server and I suspect it is located behind
    2 firewalls(because traceroute shows additional ip hop
    for the web server) that only allows port 443 to be
    accessed.

    Based on the above, below are my queries:
    1)	How do I determine the router and firewall IPs and
    type of firewalls/router used?

    2)	How can I bypass the firewall to exploit the open
    ports on the servers?

    3)	How can I exploit secured (SSL) web server?

    Appreciate any useful information from anyone out
    there……..

    Thanks,
    Niumal

    =====