RE: Firewalls & SSL

From: Yoann Le Corvic (Yoann.LeCorvicat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 01:03:11 PDT

    Hello
    > 1)	How do I determine the router and firewall IPs and
    > type of firewalls/router used?

    Have you tried the -O option of NMAP, that could at least give you a
    guess of the OS on which the firewall is running, and at best, the type
    of firewall

    > 2)	How can I bypass the firewall to exploit the open
    > ports on the servers?
    The only thing I can think of here is to use packet fragmentation. That
    worked in the past, but more an more firewalls have fixed the problem

    > 3)	How can I exploit secured (SSL) web server?

    I would think the same way you would do a not secure one. For example,
    you can still attempt unicode exploits, wether it is https or not, just
    replace http by https. Unless they use authentication as well...