Posting Product Information

From: Alfred Huger (ahat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 16:38:35 PDT

    Heya all,

    Every now and then folks mail me asking if it's alright to post product
    announcements to the list. The short answer is yes. However it comes with
    a caveat, the posting must be factual and rich in information about the
    product itself (although more than two pages might be a touch too much).
    No marketing glossy hype (yes, there is a place for it, just not here) and
    no pricing information as I would prefer that type of information dealt
    with off list. I will all polite follow up conversation and Q&A around the
    product as it comes in so if you are not prepared to answer questions
    please do not post.

    Cheers,
    -al

    VP Engineering
    SecurityFocus
    "Vae Victis"

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/