Re: portscanner written in PHP

From: H D Moore (hdmat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 16:58:40 PDT

    I wrote a distributed port scanner in php a few months back:

    http://www.digitaloffense.net/phpDistributedPortScanner/

    The public version supports unlimited nodes and a primitive form of
    authentication. It can be fairly hard to trace the source of the scan because
    the master can be accessed via one or more proxies and the connection
    attempts only occur from the slave nodes.  The communication protocol is
    really simply and it would be trivial to add timing options and a much more
    random port->node dispersal.

    The development (aka nonpublic) version uses encrypted comms (shared secret
    for now) and the 'agent' code consists of a wrapper which decrypt's and
    eval()'s the code sent by the master.  Master agents can be chained together
    to transparently spread a scan across dozens of systems. In short, the agent
    is only responsilble for authenticating code from a master system, just
    viewing the source of the agent will not disclose the purpose of the script.
    I have some other projects in the works which perform some much more
    interesting tasks using the same distributed architecture. Think of an
    attack-proxy system which uses randomly chained multiple relayers capable of
    transforming the data as it passes through. The agent code is going to be
    slimmed down enough so that it can be "injected" into any arbitrary php
    script transforming it into a slave node on the fly. I am looking for
    experienced php developers to help on this project, so if anyone is
    interested...

    --
    H D Moore
    http://www.digitaldefense.net - work

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/