Re: Securing VOIP?

From: Jon O . (jonoat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 16:35:07 PDT

    You should probably also consider the risks of sniffing as this tools shows:

    http://vomit.xtdnet.nl/

    The vomit utility converts a Cisco IP phone conversation into a wave file that can be played with ordinary sound players. The phone conversation can either be played directly from the network or from a tcpdump output file. Vomit is also capable of inserting wavefiles into ongoing telephone conversations. Vomit can be used as a network debugging tool, a speaker phone, etc ...

    http://vomit.xtdnet.nl/