RE: 0-day exploit..do i hear $1000? - Dead Thread

From: Alfred Huger (ahat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 13:44:49 PDT

    I was hoping to let this one through and see if we could engender some
    intelligent discourse on the subject. Regrettably most of the people
    posting are either incapable of presenting an argument without demeaning
    someone or are apparently unable to keep a civil tongue in their head.
    There were some really decent posts but rather than spending the rest of
    the day moderating out people with no sense of accountability or decent
    manners I am going to do us all a favor and smoke the thread.

    Remember folks, if you would not have the courage to say it in person
    please do not say it online. You were not given a keyboard so you could
    expose your nasty personality behind the lack of accountability a network
    connection affords you. Keep a civil tongue or find another list (and this
    counts for all secfocus lists) to abuse people on.

    Cheers,
    -al

    VP Engineering
    SecurityFocus
    "Vae Victis"

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/