RE: Using Null Session information from NAT.EXE

From: Ian Lyte (ianlyteat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 10:07:10 PST

    Thanks to everyone who got back to me. Unfortunately no-one seems to have
    hit upon the solution as yet.

    On reviewing my post I realise (or more accurately - have had pointed out to
    me!) that I did infact forget to put a \\ in font of the IP address i.e NET
    USE * \\10.10.10.10\c$ ... . Sorry this was a typo.

    Most of the replies I received centred around

    NET USE * \\10.10.10.10\c$ password /user:domain_name\Administrator
    and
    NET USE * \\10.10.10.10\c$ password /user:computer_name\Administrator

    Unfortunately these were unsuccesful as well.

    And the computer_name is in the lmhosts file.

    I did leave out some information on my original post that is probably very
    relevant for which I do apologise if I have wasted anyone's time due to the
    fact that is is now a blindingly obvious solution.

    I'm trying to connect from an NT4 workstation, with non-admin privileges, to
    a Windows 2000 box if this makes a difference.

    Bikar Dude suggested getting hold of a modified smbclient to use instead of
    NET - anybody have any suggestions as to where I may find one?

    The big question is, for me anyway, since NAT.EXE has succesfully found the
    Admin password it is obviously managing to connect to the other box somehow
    and get authenticated. How is it that NAT can and I can't? Is this due to
    NAT using its own modified SMBCLIENT and if so where can I get a copy of the
    SMBCLIENT only?

    Thanks again to all who replied.

    Ian