Nibbling executable files with echo...

From: Jason Brvenik (jasonat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 17:45:06 PST

Good day all.

In the last few months several requests have come across the list for
information about getting files onto a win* server during a A&P without
download capabilities, ASP, perl, upload....

The question is essentially how do I get X onto a server to do N without
Y.
The answer to this question is usually an executable ASCII only uudecode
and a uuencoded file.

For personal analysis the utilities you want to find are the old but
very functional NETRUN and NETSEND, they are usually on ftp archives as
zip archives named netrun31.zip and netsend1.zip. The license is a
sticky one since they are free for personal use only and commercial use
is expressly forbidden but that is why there is the link to the free
uudecode distributed without a license

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3nolav%248ir%40gagme.wwa.com&output=gplain

http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/43214.html
http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/43215.html

J-

NOTE: I had nothing to do with the development of these items but have
found them to be very handy and am grateful to the developers.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/