Oracle Default Passwords

From: Pete Finnigan (peteat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 14:50:29 PST

    Hi All

    Recently i posted a note to this list about a document about Oracle
    security that i wrote and its had quite a lot of feedback so i thought
    people on this list might be interested in a new paper i have created on
    all of the Oracle default users and passwords that i could find. There
    are now 109 on the list. I still have some more area's to investigate so
    there should be more to come.

    The list is a table of usernames, passwords and hashes. Also included
    with the paper is an SQL script that can be run in SQL*Plus to check if
    any of the default users exist in the Oracle database and if the
    passwords are still set to the default value.

    I also intend this table to be a central list for Oracle default Users
    and their defaults passwords. So please if anyone comes across any
    usernames / passwords that i have not listed then please let me know.

    The list and script is available at http://www.pentest-
    limited.com/default-user.htm.

    I would like to acknowledge Aaron Newman for letting me update my list
    with usernames from his list that i did not have and David Litchfield
    has also provided some names that i will add over the next couple of
    days.

    regards

    Pete
    --
    Pete Finnigan
    IT Security Consultant

    Office  01565 830 990
    Fax     01565 830 889
    Mobile  07974 087 885

    pete.finnigan@pentest-limited.com

    www.pentest-limited.com

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/