Re: Cayman Router

From: Russell Handorf (rhandorfat_private-world.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 10:03:10 PST

    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/3017

    to escalate privs, go to the webpage, and then where it has the passwords
    in the fields.... view the source of the webpage (passwords are there clear
    text).

    for more and better information regarding this, talk to adrian lamo.

    At 05:13 AM 11/14/2001 -0800, you wrote:
    >I have come across a Cayman router which still has the
    >default password set as blank, however I am classified
    >only as a user not admin.
    >
    >Can anyone supply any help in how to show the client
    >that this is dangerous or esculate priv to admin ?
    >
    >Regards

    >Find the one for you at Yahoo! Personals
    >http://personals.yahoo.com

    >This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    >Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    >automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    >https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

    ==================================
    Russell Handorf
    oooo, shiney ::Wanders after it::

    www.russells-world.com
    www.inside-aol.com
    www.terrorists.net
    www.bad-mother-fucker.org
    www.philly2600.net

    "Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids,
    we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening
    to repetitive music." ~unknown