RE: problems to start a task with at.exe

From: Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg) (rdawesat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 23:15:41 PST

    Try using psexec. If you can map drives, or submit "at" jobs, PSExec should
    also work.

    That will give you a remote command shell on the machine directly.

    e.g. From cmd on the DMZ box:

    psexec \\computer [-u user [-p psswd]] [-s] [-c] [-d] program [arguments]

    psexec \\target -u system -p passwd cmd.exe

    Gives you access to the cmd shell on the target computer.

    Rogan

    PsExec v1.11 - execute processes remotely
    Copyright (C) 2001 Mark Russinovich
    www.sysinternals.com

    PsExec executes a program on a remote system, where remotely executed
    console
    applications execute interactively.

    Usage: psexec \\computer [-u user [-p psswd]] [-s] [-c] [-d] program
    [arguments]

         -u         Specifies optional user name for login to remote
                    computer.
         -p         Specifies optional password for user name. If you omit this
                    you will be prompted to enter a hidden password.
         -s         Run the remote process in the System account.
         -c         Copy the specified program to the remote system for
                    execution. If you omit this option the application
                    must be in the system path on the remote system.
         -d         Don't wait for process to terminate (non-interactive).
         program    Name of application to execute.
         arguments  Arguments to pass (note that file paths must be
                    absolute paths on the target system).

    You can enclose applications that have spaces in their name with
    quotation marks e.g. psexec \\marklap "c:\long name app.exe".
    Input is only passed to the remote system when you press the enter
    key, and typing Ctrl-C terminates the remote process.

    If you omit a user name the process will run in the context of your
    account on the remote system, but will not have access to network
    resources (because it is impersonating). Specify a valid user name
    in the Domain\User syntax if the remote process requires access
    to network resources or to run in a different account. Note that
    the password is transmitted in clear text to the remote system.