ASP code testing

From: Dan Richardson (dan.richardsonat_private)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 15:00:06 PST

    I'm currently testing some ASP code on an e-commerce site. My question
    is could this be used to execute a buffer overflow exploit?

    The following URL:

    http://www.asite.com/show/showsomething.asp?ID=5

    Will retrieve a legitmate item from the database. By playing with the
    number a bit-

    http://www.asite.com/show/showsomething.asp?ID=32767

    Will generate

    ADODB.Field error '80020009'

    Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted.
    Requested operation requires a current record.

    But if I bump that number up to 32768 (unsigned integer limit)-

    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'

    Overflow: 'cint'

    /show/showsomething.asp, line x

    Thanks

    Dan

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/