Re: Wanted script to email cookies

From: auto125268at_private
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 11:53:49 PST

    You may wanna try WebSleuth at www.owasp.org. I know the release they have going out this weekend does cross-site scritping. JavScript prevents an easy way to send the cookie using email (it does actually have a security model !) but you can call a gif on a remote server and send the cookie values in the url or many other ways. ....not hard....WebSleuth will also wllow you to play and change any cookie values as well and its open source so you can add to it...

    I'm working on a pen test for a web application.  After
    the first time you successfully authenticate, the app
    stores a cookie with username and password in clear
    text.  I've recently read the archive regarding
    vulnerable IE browsers revealing cookies.  I'd like to
    go a step farther.  Does anyone have a script that will
    email the cookie?  I'd like to craft an email with a link
    and when a user clicks, it emails the cookie.  I want
    to show the client how dangerous it is to store a clear
    text cookie.  Also, any other method of cookie stealing
    would be really appreciated.  Thanks.

    Joe

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/