Re: Novell volume changing?

From: gertat_private
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 09:32:54 PST

    On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:43:54 +0100
    "Charlie Liserne" <Chiliat_private> wrote:
    Charlie> We are pen-testing a Novel 5.x webserver with the source page disclosure
    Charlie> problem (http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/246358).
    Charlie>
    Charlie> We have been trying to get other volume indexing than SYS: We know that
    Charlie> there are more Volumes, and we know some of the file names of it, but we
    Charlie> aren't able to get to jump from SYS: to ANOTHER:

    Dear Charly.........

    It is only possible to change to the volumes at which you have
    NetWare Volume-access-right...;-))

    Also the only access you have at the SYS-volume is the
    directory-access-right the user "public" has at the SYS-volume ("public" is
    any user attached but not authenticated eg. any webuser)

    So normally you should only see the SYS:LOGIN-directory and the
    SYS:PUBLIC.......

    Have fun, Gert

    Gert Fokkema

    gertat_private

    http://www.wehack4you.com

    WeHack4You Internet Security, Consultancy & Training
    +31(0)848512371 VOICE/FAX

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/