Re: Questions on GSM Penetration test

From: Martin Tomasek (mtdat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 13:47:20 PST

    I've seen schematics of such device (smartcard reader) and a program for PC.

    Author claimed that it tooks about 1/2 hour on P100/32MB
    (due to limited smartcard bandwith :)
    to determine constant, stored in sim which he then used for sim
    simulation. You only need to know pin. (And as I remember, there are
    methods for old smartcards to determine pin :-)

    --
    Martin Tomasek
    mtdat_private

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/