RE: VOIP as Gateway

From: Ofir Arkin (ofir@sys-security.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 04:00:13 PST

    Hi,

    You are talking about 2 totally different things here.

    If I am calling to someone (I am using the regular PSTN) and he is using
    an IP phone it is seamless from your end. His PSTN-VoIP gateway will
    convert the signaling and voice samples from the PSTN based protocols to
    VoIP based protocols and vice versa.

    VoIP Network -------|GW|------ PSTN

    The risk here is to abuse the gateway from the PSTN side (GW/IP PBX). If
    you get yourself on the GW/IP PBX that’s it...

    Ofir Arkin [ofir@sys-security.com]
    Founder
    The Sys-Security Group
    http://www.sys-security.com
    PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA