RE: ncacn_http/1.0

From: McCammon, Keith (Keith.McCammonat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 10:19:57 PST

    That's probably not good.  Ncacn_http allows client/server applications
    to communicate via the internet (or any IP network) by using IIS to
    "proxy" the requests.  Thus, an application that would normally be
    prevented from accessing the internet could be piped out a public IP on
    port 80 (in the case of ncacn_http, anyway).  The port on which the host
    is listening is somewhat irrelevant, as port 80 only needs to be open on
    the IIS server that is acting as the application proxy.

    This is oversimplified, and I've certainly left out most of the details,
    but this is basically what ncacn_http is used for.

    Keith