Re: Modem detection in a LAN

From: R. DuFresne (dufresneat_private)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 12:25:30 PST

    Why not check those machines for ppp and slip network interfaces?  Some
    folks certainly might not require dhcp and it should not be getting dhcp
    assignment from the internal LAN for an external connection outside that
    LAN.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne

    --
            admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                    -- Johnny Hart

    testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!