Re: SQL Injection - data ntext,image cannot group by....

From: Kevin Spett (kspettat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 18:58:28 PST

    Try the convert hack if it's SQL Server.  Make your injection string
    something like this:
        convert(int, (convert(varchar, (SELECT TOP 1 name FROM sysobjects WHERE
    xtype='U'))))
    You should get back an error message that contains the first name in
    sysobjects.

    Again, if it's SQL Server, you can inject procedures.  Try injecting
    sp_makewebtask, which has been discussed on this list twice in the last week
    I think.

    You also might want to include in your report that (in theory) they may get
    a slight performance increase by using type ntext instead of text.  The text
    data type is really there to just include extra information that isn't
    supposed to be used in applications often (or at least that's my
    understanding of it.)

    Kevin Spett
    SPI Dynamics, Inc.