Re: Arp spoofing & dsniff

From: Michael Thumann (mlthumann@ids-guide.de)
Date: Sun May 05 2002 - 12:37:30 PDT

    ok, there can be different reasons why dnsiff doesn't work and to solve
    that issue I would need more input and you can find informations in the
    internet (try searching with google ;-) ).

    If you need results until tuesday, try ettercap (version 0.6.5 runs on all
    relevant plattforms) instead.

    Hope that helps
    Michael

    At 14:18 02.05.02 +0000, you wrote:

    >   I'm actually doing some researches about switched
    >networks security, on cisco switches ( 2900, 2950XL... ). I
    >used some prgs of the dsniff suite like dsniff itself,
    >macof and arpspoof. My problem is that my attacks on these
    >switches have not succeeded using :
    >- macof : it didn't lead to anything. Dsniff didn't sniff
    >anything as i launched it during a telnet session on my
    >small local network between to  win2000 pcs.
    >- arpspoof : as soon as i lauch arpspoof, the network is
    >almost out of service. I mean i can still ping pcs between
    >eachother, but the telnet sessions won't open. ( I ENABLED
    >THE IPFORWARDING OPTION ON MY LINUX COMPUTER, and it works
    >as the pings go through it ).
    >
    >   Any ideas of the way of making it work ? I'm really
    >stucked and a presentation is scheduled for
    >tuesday !!! :o), so any ideas will be gratefully
    >appreciated :D.
    >
    >               thx in advance....

    >This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    >Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    >automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    >https://alerts.securityfocus.com/

    Michael Thumann        mlthumann@ids-guide       www.ids-guide.de
    Public Key available at http://www.ids-guide.de/MichaelThumann.asc
    The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
    and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location...and i'm not
    even too sure about that one
                                                                        --Dennis
    Huges, FBI.