Arp spoofing & dsniff

From: Vs Metal (vserpoulat_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 07:18:42 PDT

      I'm actually doing some researches about switched
    networks security, on cisco switches ( 2900, 2950XL... ). I
    used some prgs of the dsniff suite like dsniff itself,
    macof and arpspoof. My problem is that my attacks on these
    switches have not succeeded using :
    - macof : it didn't lead to anything. Dsniff didn't sniff
    anything as i launched it during a telnet session on my
    small local network between to  win2000 pcs.
    - arpspoof : as soon as i lauch arpspoof, the network is
    almost out of service. I mean i can still ping pcs between
    eachother, but the telnet sessions won't open. ( I ENABLED
    THE IPFORWARDING OPTION ON MY LINUX COMPUTER, and it works
    as the pings go through it ).

      Any ideas of the way of making it work ? I'm really
    stucked and a presentation is scheduled for
    tuesday !!! :o), so any ideas will be gratefully
    appreciated :D.

                  thx in advance....

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/