Re: Arp spoofing & dsniff

From: woofat_private
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 09:40:48 PDT

    On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:19:11AM -0400, Sumit Dhar wrote:

    [...]

    > Also has anyone run arpspoof continiously for say something like 2-3
    > days?? I had some issues due to that... anyone else with similar
    > experience?

    I've been running arpspoof for more than weeks and weeks because of one server
    removed no possibility to change configuration on one of the client.
    It has been working fine with 2 arpspoof running in background and some Source NAT
    and Destination NAT

    > I am not sure whether dsniff allows you to hijack connections.. but hunt
    > does. I am sure that is one advantage of hunt over most other sniffers.
    > Yes if your aim is just to monitor, either can be used. These days I
    > have been playing around with lcrzoex.. which is pretty nifty too. :)

    dsniff allow to hijack connections if you have a daemon listening somewhere else
    on the network to receive network stream. (as sshmitm does).

    Sorry for my poor englis

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/