Re: Arp spoofing & dsniff, redhat 7.2 configuration

From: Vs Metal (vserpoulat_private)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 04:45:41 PDT

    Okay, thanks for all of you. All your different ideas
    helped me a lot to do my study.
    My network pen test is now working perfectly. For those who
    have problems making it work, i'll just make a short
    summary of the linux conf :
    1. Disable firewall rules !!! coz if not, your computer
    will not forward everything
    2. Use "fragrouter -B1" instead of ip_forward in
    sysctl.conf, it works a lot better and it is easy to
    install.
    3. The openssl rpm provided in redhat 7.2 is not working
    with dsniff rpm. The solution to make it work is to use
    openssl95a, and install it over the provided openssl rpm :
    "rpm -ivh openssl95a" ...
    4. use "dsniff -c" option

      If you want more info, i'll be happy to answer you as
    fast as possible.
      Now i'm working on howto disble these attacks by
    configuring properly the switch. I've found almost
    everything except one : arpspoof ? I know that private
    vlans does provide a solution to arpspoof, but it makes
    people not able to communicate among themselves, so
    customer, i guess, won't accept that !!!
      Any other ideas ???

                      THX again

    This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
    Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
    automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
    https://alerts.securityfocus.com/